At Acute Hearing we specialise in adult hearing care.
"I was very impressed with the professionalism of James and Emma. I felt they were primarily concerned with doing the best thing for me rather than just selling me a hearing aid."
William Whelan Gladesville
Our services are provided in our local Drummoyne clinic located in the Odeon Building opposite the fire station and near IGA and at Thorby's Arcarde at Thompsons Corner at West Pennant Hills.
Acute Hearing offers the following services:
- Comprehensive Hearing Assessments;
- Free Hearing Aid Trials (take them home at no cost for 10 to 14 days);
- Reconditioned hearing aids;
- Physio for your Hearing;
- Ear Wax Removal;
- Full Hearing Rehabilitation Programs;
- Tinnitus Treatments, Counselling and Management;
- Servicing and basic repairs for all major brands of hearing aids; and
- Custom Ear Plugs (swimmers, musicians, noise reduction).
Learn more about Hearing
Do you need a Hearing Test?
Unfortunately many people live with hearing loss or tinnitus without seeking help. If you would like to find out if you are affected by hearing loss, why not try our online hearing test.
If you are 55 year old or more it is important to have your hearing screened annually (free of charge). The earlier you address hearing loss the easier it is to rehabilitate it. Over the last 3 years technological advances, including linkages to TV’s, ipads, iphones and other smart technology, have made hearing aids fully integrated with your lifestyle and some styles are now invisible to the human eye.
Hearing Aids for Pensioners (1)
If you have a hearing loss, or would like to check if you have a hearing loss, you may be eligible to receive a hearing services voucher if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident aged 26 years or older and meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold a Pensioner Concession card; or
- Are in receipt of a Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- Are dependent of a person in one of the above categories; or
- Undergoing an Australian Government funded disability management service and have been referred by your disability employment services case manager.
1. Patient must be eligible for the Office of Hearing Services voucher provided through The Office of Hearing Services Program.
If you have a hearing loss, and previously received services as a child from the government and are now over 26 years of age or have a hearing loss that makes it difficult for you to work and are under 65 years of age we may be able to receive funding from the government under the NDIS program. If you feel your hearing loss is impacting your life, work and overall quality of life we can work with you to determine whether you are eligible to receive funding from the government for hearing aids (aged between 27 and 64 years of age).
For those who would like more help with reducing background noise, try "Physio for Hearing" for only $139. It includes 20 Physio sessions that can be completed at home, on your iPad, via DVD or CD.
Physio for Hearing is a program that is completed over a month to help improve your hearing and listening skills. Research shows that the average person improved their listening skills in noise by 40% through training. (UCSF study by Dr. Sweetow and Jennifer Henderson)Schedule an appointment
Test your hearing now
Take our 1 minute FREE online hearing test or complete our 1 minute self-assessment .Online Hearing Test
Hearing Self Assessment
Try Before you Buy
Trial the tiny Widex Unique hearing aid. Our patients who have tried other hearing aids prefer the natural sounds of the Unique. Come and see for yourself.Hearing Aid Trials