Hearing Aid Care
Experts in Optimising Hearing Aids
The audiologists at Acute Hearing see a lot of patients who have purchased hearing aids elsewhere are unhappy with their performance and comfort. Our audiologists will spend the time with you to discuss your needs, review your hearing aids and hearing loss and most importantly optimise the performance and comfort of your hearing aids.
The most common issues we work with are:
- Poor performance in background noise
- Whistling and feedback
- Not comfortable
- Not discreet enough
Optimising Hearing Aids Appointment
Case History & Background
- Our audiologists will talk to you about your hearing loss and your current hearing aids, including the positives and negatives
Hearing Test & Evaluation of Hearing Aids
- A hearing test will be completed to understand your hearing loss
- The audiologist will assess the setting and suitability of your hearing aids
Development of Optimisation Plan
- An optimisation plan will be developed with your put by the audiologist which may include, adjustments, counselling, repairs, changes to tubes and moulds to make more comfortable
Further appointments may be required.
The optimise hearing aids appointment costs $99*
*Pensioners and veterans receive free services
Maintaining Hearing Aids
Maintaining your hearing aid through daily cleaning and regular service is extremely important. Proper care helps retain optimum hearing conditions, extends the life of your hearing aid, and ensures proper hygiene.
- Handle your hearing aid with care.
- Store your hearing aid in a safe place that's dry and cool.
- Switch off your hearing aid when you're not using it.
- Remove earwax from your hearing aid to prevent temporary malfunction or permanent damage.
- Clean your hearing aid using the small brush or the soft cloth that came with it. Never insert tools into the sound outlet. Doing so could damage the receiver. If you can't clean the hearing aid completely contact us for help.
- Change filters often so they don't collect wax or dirt.
- Accumulated earwax may prevent sounds from traveling from the hearing aid into the middle ear. Contact your doctor regularly to have your ear canals cleaned.
- Don't wear your hearing aid in the shower, swimming when using a hair dryer, hair spray or other types of spray.
Hearing Aid Batteries
A hearing aid is only as good as the batteries that power it.
- A standard hearing aid battery lasts anywhere from 3 to 22 days, depending on the hearing aid type, battery type and capacity, and the amount of hearing aid use.
- Change hearing aid batteries often so they don't suddenly run out of power.
- If you don't use it for a long period of time, remove the battery.
- Change your batteries if sounds become distorted or you have to turn up the volume more than usual.
- Some hearing aids will also make a small beeping sound when the battery is low. Be sure to switch batteries immediately when you hear the alarm.
- Hearing aid batteries often lose power very suddenly, so it's smart to carry an extra set of batteries with you at all times.
- When storing batteries, keep them away from coins, keys or other metal objects.
- Always purchase unopened battery packages. Make sure the seal on a new battery is unbroken.
- When you're not wearing your hearing aid, turn it off or open the battery door to minimize battery drain.
- If you won't be using the hearing aid for an extended period of time, remove the battery entirely.
- Avoid storing in extreme temperatures to keep from draining battery power and shortening battery life.
Hearing Aid Battery Care Tips
- Store hearing aid batteries at normal room temperatures.
- Do not refrigerate.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before changing batteries. Grease and dirt on the batteries may damage the hearing aid.
- Leave the battery compartment of your hearing device open at night so moisture can escape.
- Remove dead batteries immediately. A completely discharged battery may swell and become difficult to remove.
If you are having any issues with your hearing aids or batteries call us on (02) 8599 1600 or email us at email@example.com.Schedule an appointment
Test your hearing now
Take our 5 minute FREE online hearing test. Your result will be graphed to show your hearing threshold.Online Hearing Test
Try Before you Buy
Trial the tiny Widex Unique hearing aid. Our patients who have tried other hearing aids prefer the natural sounds of the Unique. Come and see for yourself.Hearing Aid Trials